Thursday Nutmeg Book Club
The Library welcomes students to join in on our Nutmeg book clubs. All book clubs start at 6:30 pm. The Intermediate and Elementary groups will meet in the community room. The Teen and 9th grade groups will meet in the lower level conference rooms. Please register at the library today to join in!
Elementary Level: Open to grades 2nd & 3rd.
- July 20th
- August 10th
Intermediate Level: Open to 4th-6th Graders
- July 6th – Fish in a Tree by Lynda Hunt
- July 13th – Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald
- July 27th – Book Scavenger by Jennifer C. Bertman
- August 3rd – A Whole New Ballgame by Phil Bildner
- August 17th – Ratscalibur by Josh Lieb
Teen Level: Open to 7th-8th Grade
- July 6th – I Kill the Mockingbird by Paul Acampora
- July 20th – The Last Boy at St. Edith by Lee Gjertsen Malone
- August 3rd – Seventh Most Important Thing by Shelley Pearsall
- August 17th – Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton
Beach Story Hour
For the month of July, Ms. Nyman will be hosting Beach Story Hour at the Town Beach every Wednesday at 10 am. In case of rain, Story Hour will meet in the lower level community room.
On Wednesday, July 19th, Anastasia and Christopher Jankowski of Sunny Train will be performing for Story Hour.
Stop by every Friday from July 7th through August 11th to participate in our Lego Mindstorms programs at 2 pm. Open to children ages 10 and up. Students will learn robotic construction and programming. No previous knowledge needed. Registration is required as space is limited. Call the library today to sign up! 860 399-6422
Saturday, July 29th at 10 am – The Chess Workshop has been canceled- No one signed up. It will be held during a winter vacation week instead.
Saturday, August 5th at 1 pm, the library will be teaching patrons ages 10 and up on how to make Homemade Pizza. Colleen Bell, the Embroiderist, will be showing patrons how to make their own pizza. Patrons will be bringing it home to cook for their families. Sign up today, Registration is Required.
Tabletop Games: As always, the library’s collection of tabletop games is available for patron use within the library all year round. Stop by the circulation desk to see what we have!
Don’t forget to check out the entire Nutmeg lists for more reading ideas!