The Westbrook library is looking for teens interested in starting various programs within the library, such as Fandom Club, Gaming Nights, Movie Afternoons, etc. If you are interested, stop by the library and see the Teen Librarian, Brittany Pearson.
To Be Read Books Series
Tuesday, March 13th at 6 pm, join Kathy Sharp as she presents soon to be released Teen Novels in her To Be Read YA Club series. Open to patrons 12 and up, each attendee will receive at least one advanced copy book. Snacks will be provided. Due to the number of books available to giveaway, Registration is Required. Please sign up today.
Teen Book Club
The Westbrook Public Library is happy to announce the return of the Teen Book Club. Open to all high school aged students, including Oxford Academy and Westbrook High School, the club meets to discuss books picked by the teens and eat pizza. All meetings start at 6:30 pm and meet in the lower level conference room of the library. Copies of the book are available at the library’s circulation desk.
- October 24th – “I am Princess X” by Cherie Priest
- November 30th – “Hold Me Closer, Necromancer” by Lish McBride
- January 25th – “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood
- March 29th – “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams
- May 24th – “Monster” by Walter Dean Myers
Westbrook teens are welcome to join the town wide community outreach program. Connecting teens with community service opportunities throughout the town. Co-runned with Shannon Murphy from Westbrook Youth and Family Services. Stop by our next meeting to learn about upcoming events and follow us on Instagram @wyfs.hh today!
- February 6th – Valentine’s Cards for the Women’s Shelter at the library
- February 27th – DIY Animal Toys for the Animal Shelter at the library
Tabletop Games at the Library
2018 Books Awards
For more resources, check out: